Waratah Slimline Wallet
Native to Australia; remarkable in texture and form, the Waratah flower inspires this lux three colour embroidery. The Waratah design, originally hand painted by Belinda Pieris is infused with the form of Sumi brush strokes on Washi paper, and reflects both a love of Japanese textiles and the Australia Landscape. Not only a collector’s item, this wallet will keep all your cards, cash and receipts in organised style. This wallet features 12 card slots (can fit up to 24), 2 large receipt pockets, 1 note pocket and 1 zipped pocket.
Material: Original Belinda Pieris embroidery on full grain milled vegetable tanned leather. Shiny gunmetal premium quality hardware. Comes in a lux Belinda Pieris cloth pouch
Dimensions: Dimensions: 185mm (L) 97mm (H) 10mm (D)
- Leather protector spray can be used on your item to waterproof the leather however, as our leather has been treated in the production process, this is not necessary.
- Leather cream or conditioner is recommended to nourish the leather and bring up its luster after wear. We recommend testing the conditioning product you choose in an inconspicuous area first, before applying to the whole accessory. Please follow the instructions of the product you choose to use. As the leather cream is reintroducing oils into the leather, it may darken lighter colours to some extent, which will fade with time. Please test the product first so that you are comfortable with the results. If you have an item that has embroidery on it please avoid getting conditioner on the embroidery. Instead, dab carefully around the embroidery and do not use a rubbing action as this may course the embroidery to pull. We use an Australian product called Waproo Zorbel leather conditioner for both cleaning and conditioning. www.waproo.com.au
- Lighter colours do mark more easily, so ensure that the leather is kept away from things such as pens and oil. Also, be careful of wearing with a new pair of jeans - the blue dye in jeans is not stable, and this dye can rub off onto lighter coloured leather. Leather cleaners can be useful but may not completely remove a stain or mark from lighter colours.
- Be careful of the bottom corners of your bag - these get the most wear. Keeping your bag off the floor and conditioning the corners will help.
- Also recommended is avoiding overstuffing your wallet or bag. Over stuffing your bag can place strain on all stress points in your bag, and can stretch the leather out of shape. In wallets, overstuffing card pockets will cause them to stretch over time. Once stretched they will not bounce back. We try to make our card pockets tight so that some allowance is made for the leather stretching. Of course you can put two cards in one pocket but be aware that you may have to maintain this throughout your wallet use.