Homecamp is a supplier of honestly crafted, useful goods for the outdoor lifestyle. We call this ‘Products With Purpose’.
As nature lovers, we want to inspire you to enjoy the bush, beach and garden with quality gear that you will treasure and make use of for years to come.
Meet the Flinders – Homecamp's 4-metre cotton-poly canvas Bell Tent. Spacious and sturdy with plenty of headroom, our elegant Flinders canvas bell tent is 4m in diameter and 2.5m high. The Flinders can sleep at least four adults comfortably on two double mattresses or four singles, with additional space for equipment and gear (or more kids!).
Based on the beautiful and timeless ‘Sibley’ bell tent design, with a mesh-screened front door, four mesh-screened windows and vents to keep the bugs out and the air flowing nicely. These tents are an absolute joy to sleep inside, keeping you cool in the heat, and warm in colder conditions.
Made from durable 380 GSM cotton-poly canvas, the Flinders is perfect for weekends away or for pitching long-term to accommodate extra guests in a back garden or property.
With the right care, the Flinders will last you many seasons and beyond.
Keep Things Breezy with zip-off floors
A Bell Tent Built To Last
All of our bell tents now come with zip-off floors, giving you the option of rolling up the sidewalls to let the breeze in. This is perfect if you plan to use the tent as a shelter during the day and not just for sleeping.
Unlike other bell tent manufacturers, we use custom-made YKK zips throughout our tents. Given that the zips can be the biggest point of failure in a bell tent, this is a major advantage of a Homecamp tent. If treated poorly, lower quality zips can easily break, resulting in fiddly and costly repairs. Although more expensive, our zips are the best on the market and should be a consideration when buying a bell tent.
There are bell tents and then there are Homecamp bell tents – you might as well have the best!
After considerable research and testing, we’ve designed the perfect bell tent to survive the extreme and varied Australian conditions. Whether it’s hot, cold, wet, humid or dry, our bell tents have you covered. Keeping all the features of the traditional bell tent design, we’ve upgraded and strengthened our bell tents for the modern user, including; marine grade canvas stitching, extra-strong YKK zips, superior canvas, internal storage pockets for valuables, as well as a nifty flap at the back of the tent for a power lead (perfect for a glamping set-up!)
Our Flinders and Simpson bell tents are made from a super durable canvas which meets the world’s highest standards of flame resistance and will stand up to the Australian elements. They are water, U/V, mould and wind resistant, yet still breathable. This canvas also has a much higher tear rating compared to cotton canvas tents. If you’re intending to use your tent a lot, or pitch it for long periods of time, then this is the canvas we recommend for longevity.
Homecamp bell tents are suitable for commercial use, passing both Australian and US fire regulations making it the ideal tent for internal wood fire stove usage.
Avoid ‘Tent Rage’
Despite its size, the Flinders is easy to set up and pack down with only two poles – one in the centre and the other for the doorway.
Simply pitch in 3 easy steps: peg in the ground sheet, place the poles, peg in the guy lines. A single person can easily set up a tent by themselves and after a few runs you should be able to do it in under 15 minutes (the average time it takes our crew to pop-up a bell tent!).
All tents come packed into a ‘struggle-free’ Homecamp duffle bag measuring 80cm x 30cm x 30cm to fit into any car boot with ease.
- 380 GSM cotton-poly canvas — durable high-quality canvas, the best choice for Australian conditions
- Fast drying, waterproof, rot-proof & UV resistant
- YKK zip-off floors as standard
- YKK zips throughout – windows / doors / floor
- Fireproofed – suitable for use with heaters and woodfire stoves
- Available in 4m & 5m ‘Simpson’ size (6m size please contact us)
- Heavy gauge 32mm diameter steel centre pole.
- Heavy gauge 19mm diameter A-frame pole
- Heavy duty guy pegs
- Heavy duty groundsheet pegs
- Reflective guyline ropes for safety
- Aluminium guy adjusters
- Rear zip flap for power lead — this will allow you to run power into the tents
- ‘Struggle free’ canvas duffle carry bag
- Choice of Classic Sand, Granite Blue or Light Green ripstop PVC of 540 GSM ground-sheet
- Bug proof mesh netting on doors, windows and air vents — our tents come with a very fine but strong, integrated mosquito netting door that stops the smallest of bugs
- Two internal pockets for keys and other important small items
- 30 days, no fuss returns